BAM 115 – PRINCIPLES OF MARKETING I
The purpose of this course is to enable students to understand and apply the basic principles of marketing to business situations and to identify and examine key aspects of the marketing mix.
1. Understand the basic concepts of marketing in a modern business organisation
2. Understand the marketing environment
3. Know the organisational structures that promote marketing activities
4. Appreciate the importance of the various ingredients (4ps) of the marketing mix-product price, promotion and place.
5. Understand the role of marketing in society
6. Know the methods and type of pricing
7. Understand the promotional activities in marketing and their impatience
8. Know the different types of channels of distribution and physical distribution